Re: FW: shapes-ISSUE-188 (define validation): "Validation" needs to be defined

Hi Jan,

thanks for your input. I have added a sentence similar to your first
sentence, defining that validation is a process etc. I also switched
back to "node" instead of "focus node".

I do not agree though with the other edits that you suggested:
- I think the current ordering of going from nodes to graphs makes more
sense because definitions then stack on top of each other.
- Your proposal uses the term "failure" with a different meaning than
what we are using it for: A Failure is an unexpected situation such as
an infinite loop. The term "validation result" is used throughout the
document to express regular "violations".

Irene, removing the term "focus node" has hopefully addressed your last
paragraph from your email? If not, could you suggest specific changes so
that I know what to do?

Karen, what else is missing to close ISSUE-188?

https://github.com/w3c/data-shapes/commit/7b12b1b9a67f16028499f987c52cc4e653723551

Thanks,
Holger