Re: type and instance and subclass in SHACL documents

I still don¡¯t know what you mean.

You believe that SHACL notion of instance is different from RDFS notion of
instance and, thus, the sentence "This can be read to mean "RDFS instance"
or "SHACL instance¡± has some meaning to you. I don¡¯t know why and how they
are different and I am not sure anyone else in the working group does, so
this sentence has no meaning to me.

I might understand better if you explained what input is provided to SHACL
engine in the first case (no validation error) and in the second case
(validation error).

Irene