Re: SHACL syntax and metamodel complexity

> Among other details, your design has also deleted the custom scopes, e.g.
>
>     https://www.w3.org/TR/shacl/#sparql-scopes
>
> instead using various new properties for only the hard-coded scopes. If that's
> what you are proposing then you may want to open a ticket for this and we can
> discuss this individually.

Yup, I had missed that on my first pass through the extension features.

The metamodel thus needs a property for this, like

sh:scopeSPARQL        a rdf:Property ; rdfs:domain sh:Shape; rdfs:range xs:string

Also missing was derived properties.  That's a bit trickier to get right - the
simple approach (putting the code in-line) isn't appealing.

> There are also lots of unknowns with the SPARQL generation, and once you have
> provided details I can send a full list of issues.

Huh?  SPARQL generation is part of this task?  This is syntax and metamodel
(and informal semantics).

> (And no, I don't think paths are worth the effort - they make the whole
> structure very unpredictable. Once you have deleted paths, there is no reason
> not to use simple properties such as sh:predicate (or sh:inversePredicate)).

It would be possible to put these properties into shapes.  I had thought about
that, but I didn't like the idea that one property changed the meaning of the
rest of the constructs in the shape.