Re: SHACL syntax and metamodel complexity

I am aware of the process and the trade-offs you mention. My intent is
not to close the door. I am trying to understand the details of what
Peter is proposing and if there are good things to harvest then I'd be
happy to integrate them.

But in order to put all this back on the drawing board, there need to be
good reasons. I have not seen those reasons yet, other than degrees of
personal taste and relative beauty of the metamodel. I am very aware
from practical experience that having moving targets will discourage
implementers, early adopters and limit feedback, thus create problems on
their own.

So please accept that I will also use the process in the sense that it
has been designed, and apply my judgement to -1 certain proposals.

Also, instead of coming up with yet another proposal, I don't think
Proposal 3 has been adequately discussed yet.

Holger