Re: SHACL syntax and metamodel complexity

From: Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 09:50:57 +1000
To: public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org
> This wording is extremely confused.   It is possible to have multiple
> constraint components on the same property in one component, such as a
> minCount and a class.  The confusion comes from using "property" for two
> different things.

I have replaced the second use of "property" with "predicate" to make
this clearer.

In your approach, if you have multiple sh:class values, are they being
interpreted as AND or OR?

Note that in either case this multi-occurrence within the same property
constraint causes a serious limitation by disallowing constraint types
that have multiple parameters such as sh:pattern/sh:flags. I guess
that's one reason why you (silently) dropped the extension mechanism,
because this would quickly expose this limitation as another show stopper.