Re: SHACL syntax and metamodel complexity

Ah ok, I found where the restriction comes from in the spec:

http://w3c.github.io/data-shapes/shacl/#constraints-property

Section 3.1 Property Constraints (sh:property)
"None of these properties can be repeated within the same
sh:PropertyConstraint. In order to define multiple constraints using the
same property, such as multiple sh:hasValue constraints, the shape must
use multiple sh:property definitions."

Thanks.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Open Web Technologies -
IBM Software Group

"Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfpschneider@gmail.com> wrote on 03/03/2016
02:45:54 PM:

> From: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfpschneider@gmail.com>
> To: Arnaud Le Hors/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS
> Cc: kcoyle@kcoyle.net, public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org
> Date: 03/03/2016 02:46 PM
> Subject: Re: SHACL syntax and metamodel complexity
>
> On 03/03/2016 01:42 PM, Arnaud Le Hors wrote:
> > "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfpschneider@gmail.com> wrote on
03/03/2016
> > 12:14:55 PM:
> >
> >> From: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfpschneider@gmail.com>
> >> To: kcoyle@kcoyle.net, public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org
> >> Date: 03/03/2016 12:16 PM
> >> Subject: Re: SHACL syntax and metamodel complexity

> >> Otherwise, how do

> >> No.  This is not a qualified cardinality.  What this says is that
> >> there is at least one value for ex:p, that all values for ex:p
> belong to ex:c,
> >> that there are at most 5 values for ex:p, that all values for
> ex:p belong to
> >> ex:d, and that there are at least three values for ex:p.
> >
> > Ok, but the two minCounts are confusing. The first one (sh:minCount 1)
is
> > essentially overridden by the second (sh:minCount 3), right? So, why
did you
> > choose to have them both? What's the significance?
> > --
> > Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Open Web Technologies
- IBM
> > Software Group
>
> Right now, the SHACL syntax does not allow multiple minCounts, or
multiple
> sh:class, or multiple anything.  Multiple minCounts are not useful.
Multiple