RDF Data Shapes WG resignation

From: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 15:11:25 +0100
To: public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org
Hi,

The diminishing level of active participation in the WG is only getting
worse, and I don't believe that we can ever produce a Recommendation that
has broad community support in the remaining amount of time.

It is time for me to face this reality and refocus the weekly chunk of
time I have been dedicating to this WG to more productive work.

This is a difficult thing for me to do because I'm not a quitter but
having received criticism for my chairmanship when I put so much effort
into trying to keep this WG together and moving forward against all odds
has made it impossible for me to justify keeping on going.

I'm sorry to say that I have therefore handed W3M my resignation as chair
of this WG. I offered to remain on the WG for the time being until they
decide what to do next.
I will keep you informed.

Best regards.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Open Web & Blockchain
Technologies - IBM Cloud