From:  Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@us.ibm.com>
Date:  Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 1:42 PM
To:  Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Cc:  "public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org" <public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org>
Subject:  Re: Core or Lite?

I totally agree with everything you said here Richard and actually don't
know of anyone disagreeing. If anyone does I'd like to hear it.

I think the contention is over the place given to the extension mechanism
and specifically whether it is the foundation on which everything is built
and depends. By your own words, and in line with Irene's input that 80% of
use cases can be addressed declaratively, the "expressive fallback" should
just be that - a fallback - and not the main foundation of the spec. I think
this is what's getting some people to push back on Holger's proposal.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Open Web Technologies - IBM
Software Group