Re: a SHACL specification based on SPARQL

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 2:12 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider
<pfpschneider@gmail.com> wrote:
> This appears to be exactly backward.
>
> To handle entailments we have to go beyond the graph.
>
> peter

Peter,

Perhaps the following expresses this issue better...

Given a graph G, entailment generally results in a larger graph H.
Simply counting triples in H may not give the desired results.
Overcounting may occur due to owl:sameAs and equivalent lexical forms
of literals. To get the desired result, we need to unify equivalent
nodes. Let E denote this equivalence relation on the nodes of H. Then
counting should be done on the quotient graph Q = H/E.

-- Arthur