Re: a SHACL specification based on SPARQL

From: Arthur Ryman <arthur.ryman@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 18:18:39 -0400
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfpschneider@gmail.com>
Cc: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>, "public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org" <public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org>
On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 2:12 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider
<pfpschneider@gmail.com> wrote:
> This appears to be exactly backward.
>
> To handle entailments we have to go beyond the graph.
>
> peter

Peter,

Perhaps the following expresses this issue better...

Given a graph G, entailment generally results in a larger graph H.
Simply counting triples in H may not give the desired results.
Overcounting may occur due to owl:sameAs and equivalent lexical forms
of literals. To get the desired result, we need to unify equivalent
nodes. Let E denote this equivalence relation on the nodes of H. Then
counting should be done on the quotient graph Q = H/E.

-- Arthur