Re: “SHACL Minus SPARQL”

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 7:57 AM, Dimitris Kontokostas <
kontokostas@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:

> On Mar 5, 2015 2:09 AM, "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfpschneider@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > I think that your method only works for certain shapes.
> >
> > Consider, for example,
> >   a value of p is b
> >   AND
> >   a value of p is c OR a value of q is d
> >

> I don't understand this shape, I think this should always fail unless b
> and c are equal.

I see they should not be equal but one restricting to a subset of the other
e.g. b: minCount=1 and c: minCount=2

in that case the same algorithm can apply. if we convert the expression to
DNF it could be (p AND p) OR (p AND q).
(Haven't thought of CNF forms but there should be an equivalent expression
for that)

and the filter will be
FILTER ( ! ((?p  IN (ex:p) && ?p NOT IN (ex:q))  || (?p  IN (ex:p, ex:q) )

in this case, with some extra processing of the expression we could just
require
FILTER ( ! (?p  IN (ex:p, ex:q) )

Note the values of p and q are checked separately, here we check only if
properties besides the ones defined in the shape exist

--
Dimitris Kontokostas