LDOM algorithm (very early draft)

From: Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 13:03:08 +1000
To: RDF Data Shapes Working Group <public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org>
Both Peter and Jose have asked about details on the LDOM execution
engine in the past. I have tried to condense the Java code of my
prototype into a write-up

     https://www.w3.org/2014/data-shapes/wiki/LDOM_Algorithm

which could be an early starting point for our discussions on how such a
formal specification could look like. I would welcome feedback - how do
similar specifications solve this issue, is pseudo-code acceptable or
what are the alternatives?

Also, which other top-level operations does such a system need to support?

Note that in principle such an engine is all that implementations need
to provide. The rest, such as the details of ldom:minCount and the other
built-ins, is all soft-coded through SPARQL queries that are part of the
system vocabulary.

Be gentle, this is really just a very early outline to illustrate the
form... ;)