Re: shapes and classes: different

> Your word shape is my word owl:Class.

+1

So, the simplest solution is not to have a new thing called Shape.

Another option may be to use it as a type so that some classes can be of type Shape as well as Class.

This seems to be unnecessary though as every class is already a shape. At minimum, even if there are no other constraints declared for a class, it says that all instances belonging to it must have a certain type triple. If there is a class :Person, then its instances must have :Person1 a ::Person triple (whether it is asserted or inferred, doesn't matter). A very minimalistic data shape, but still a shape.

Irene