Re: Shapes vs Classes (in LDOM)

On 1/24/15, 5:04 PM, Jose Emilio Labra Gayo wrote:
> A real life example is the use case that I proposed in another email
> which is the development of statistical data portals for different
> clients. You share a common model which is the RDF Data Cube
> vocabulary, but you also inherit other properties specific to those
> portals.
>
> Your task is to generate two different linked data portals for those
> clients that share a common model but have different shapes for the nodes.

If they have different properties, then the traditional solution is to
create two different subclasses that inherit the shared properties from
a base class. Why would this not work? Sounds much cleaner than having
some "magic" that figures out which constraints to use under which context.

It would help to have specific instances and class definitions, to make
sure we talk about the same problems. Can you provide some?

Thanks,