Re: Shapes vs Classes (in LDOM)

From: Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 09:54:29 +1000
To: public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org

On 1/24/15, 9:47 AM, Karen Coyle wrote:
> Yes, but I could have a graph with related graphs, none of which are
> defined by classes.

Classes never define graphs. A graph is just a collection of triples.

> How do I then target a specific graph?

When the constraint evaluation starts, it is parameterized by a default
graph, i.e. a collection of triples. That graph may ldom:include other
graphs, forming a larger graph for the evaluation. The graph may contain
triples for LDOM constraint declarations directly, but any of those
subgraphs may also point to an outside collection of constraint
declarations via ldom:library. The process in which the default graph
and any additional constraint libraries are selected is
application-specific and not covered by the current LDOM draft.

I am not sure if this clarifies it, we may have different
interpretations of "graph".