Re: Terminology: How to call "IRI or blank node"?

>> There still appears to be some disagreement.
>
> As Peter made it clear that he feels very strongly about this issue, I would
> like to follow up towards a resolution even though I think we could also delay
> the specific question until it comes back (in the context of :valueType).
>
> The remaining question to me is that if we mint our own property :valueType
> which of the following options is best (for the community):
>
> a) We make a clear statement in the documentation of :valueType that the
> following meaning is assumed (we can even state that this slightly deviates
> from its use in rdfs:range):
>
> - :valueType is empty -> no constraint
> - :valueType = rdfs:Resource -> IRI or blank node
>
>  From my experience if I look outside of the W3C WG microcosm, I believe the
> above would be best aligned with the current practice.

This is absolutely counter to the requirement that the working group must use
rdfs:Resource in a way that abides by its meaning as defined in the RDF
specification.

> b) We introduce another property :nodeType with values (:Literal,
> :BlankNodeOrIRI, :BlankNode, :IRI) and assume that :valueType = rdfs:Resource
> means unconstrained and people need to combine it with :nodeType), i.e.:
>
> - :valueType = rdfs:Resource (or empty) && :nodeType = :BlankNodeOrIRI -> IRI
> or blank node

This mints new terminology and thus does not run counter to the requirement
that the working group must use rdfs:Resource in a way that abides by its
meaning as defined in the RDF specification.

> Questions:
>
> 1) Peter, would option b) work for you, if a) doesn't?

I have no problem with option b) not abiding by the requirement that the
working group respect pre-existing terminology.