Re: ISSUE-23: A specific proposal

On 4/28/2015 16:55, Dimitris Kontokostas wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 8:16 AM, Simon Steyskal
> <simon.steyskal@wu.ac.at <mailto:simon.steyskal@wu.ac.at>> wrote:
>
>     Hi!
>
>         since ex:myShExShapeA, ex:myShExShapeB are now an rdfs:Class will
>         change behavior and will be treated as class shapes.
>         This will trigger validation for all instances of
>         ex:myShExShapeA &
>         ex:myShExShapeB instead of the expected
>

>     as far as I understood, ex:myShExShapeA & ex:myShExShapeB would
>     only be used by associating individuals via sh:nodeShape to them.
>     They would not be instantiated by themselves.
>

> But if a shape is associated with a class it has different validation
> behavior.
> Or not in this proposal?

As far as I see, in this proposal it doesn't have different validation
behavior, at least not in the associated Operations such as

http://w3c.github.io/data-shapes/shacl/#operation-validateGraph

where rdf:type and sh:nodeShape are almost interchangeable. The main
difference, as Simon stated, is that rdf:type should not be used to
point at sh:Shapes - use sh:nodeShape for those cases.

Holger