Re: ISSUE-23: A specific proposal

ok, assuming we have the following shapes, I am skipping the actual
constraints as they are not relevant

=== before inference ===

ex:myClassA a rdfs:Class . # directly triggers validation for all instances
of ex:myClassA

ex:myClassB a rdfs:Class ; # directly triggers validation for all instances
of ex:myClassB
   rdfs:subClassOf ex:myClassA.  # inherits the constraints of ex:myClassA

ex:myShExShapeA a sh:Shape . # works as a linked shape or starting node

ex:myShExShapeB a sh:Shape ; # works as a linked shape or starting node
   rdfs:subClassOf ex:myShExShapeB .  # inherits the constraints of
ex:myShExShapeA

=== after inference ===

ex:myClassA a rdfs:Class, a sh:Shape .

ex:myClassB a rdfs:Class, a sh:Shape ;
   rdfs:subClassOf ex:myClassA.

ex:myShExShapeA a rdfs:Class, sh:Shape . # directly triggers validation for
all instances of ex:myShExShapeA

ex:myShExShapeB a rdfs:Class, sh:Shape  ;  # directly triggers validation
for all instances of ex:myShExShapeB
   rdfs:subClassOf ex:myShExShapeB .

since ex:myShExShapeA, ex:myShExShapeB are now an rdfs:Class will change
behavior and will be treated as class shapes.
This will trigger validation for all instances of ex:myShExShapeA &
ex:myShExShapeB instead of the expected

Again, this is based on how I understood your proposal so far. Maybe I
missed a detail that could clear things up.

Best,
Dimitris

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 12:43 AM, Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com>
wrote:

> On 4/28/2015 8:41, Dimitris Kontokostas wrote:
>

>> Assuming the shapes reside along with the data graph (which is a possible
>> scenario) and rdfs inference is applied on the graph, then the ShEx /
>> stand-alone shape will become an rdfs:Class.
>> In this case, a shape engine will mistaken the stand-alone shape to a
>> class-shape right?
>> Or am I missing a detail from your proposal?
>>

> Yes, a sh:Shape would then also be an instance of rdfs:Class. Why would
> this be a problem? Any shape can also be a class (in this design).

Dimitris Kontokostas
Department of Computer Science, University of Leipzig & DBpedia Association
Projects: http://dbpedia.org, http://http://aligned-project.eu
Homepage:http://aksw.org/DimitrisKontokostas
Research Group: http://aksw.org