Re: Splitting Part 1 and Part 2 in TOC

> On 4/4/15 2:50 AM, Karen Coyle wrote:
>> OK. So now the ToC reads:
>>
>> - Property Constraints
>> - Disjunctive Constraints
>>
>> which isn't a logical division of the concepts. If you have a
>> high-level "property constraints" then for readability you should have
>> a high-level for whatever is not "property constraints". In other
>> words, the document's high level needs to exhibit a logical division
>> of the topic.
>
> I'd be happy to have another headline, yet sh:OrConstraint is currently
> the only instance of this category, and I don't think we'll add more of
> its kind. Other vocabularies will certainly define more. In the absence
> of better suggestions they could be labeled "Other Shape Constraints".

Holger, I am still trying to understand what this other category is.
AFAIK, SHACL defines constraints on nodes, properties (in a graph) and
the value(s) of those properties. Properties themselves can be subject
to constraints, mainly cardinality, but I don't see this clearly called
out in the document. I would prefer:

Constraints on nodes
   - cardinality ("only one person node allowed")
   - defined properties ("foaf:name")

   - Constraints on defined properties ("foaf:name")
      - cardinality

      - Constraints on property values (in this case, "foaf:name")
        -type
        - value list

This is, in fact, how the examples read, although none show constraints
on nodes.

Now, which of those does 4.0 refer to? And can we present SHACL with a
logical structure of this nature?

kc