Re: shapes-ISSUE-27 (extensions-in-highlevel): Can extension constraints be used in the high-level language? [SHACL Spec]

Karen,

I think Holger's point is that "high level language" is a colloquial term that literally means higher lever than SPARQL. In that sense, any template provides a high level language to people who use the template. Saying that the user-defined templates are not high level would be counterintuitive.

Saying 'SHACL Lite' instead of 'SHACL high level language', makes the distinction that we are trying to communicate much clearer (and it is shorter). SHACL Lite would, obviously, only include the built-in vocabulary.

Irene

Sent from my iPhone