Re: Test cases format

Replied before I saw your answer Jose

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 8:57 AM, Jose Emilio Labra Gayo <jelabra@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 7:18 AM, Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com>
> wrote:
>
>>  Ok thanks for the pointer. As far as I understand it, the results so
>> far are only booleans of whether a given node matches a shape. I would hope
>> we extend this with the full result of the validation (once this vocabulary
>> gets agreed upon) so that implementers can verify that their engine returns
>> meaningful results.
>>

> I agree with that. I was waiting until we have more consensus on the
> validation results format. Maybe, we should try to resolve that issue
> first.

As I said in my reply, I suggest we start we a simple pass/fail approach
until we finalize the reporting format, it could take a long time to
resolve this.

> I also think we need a way to validate a complete graph with all nodes
>> using the built-in node selection properties sh:nodeShape and rdf:type.
>> This would then also include global constraints.
>>

>> Regarding the two Syntax tests, I can see why they created them for
>> SPARQL - to test the SPARQL string parsers. However, for SHACL it sounds
>> like we'd mainly need structural tests of the syntax. Currently the draft
>> of the SHACL schema is self-validating, i.e. it is possible to validate
>> SHACL shape definitions using SHACL itself.
>>
> As a result, we may not need the Syntax tests.
>>

> Not sure about that. If the syntax is for example RDF, we could at least
> have some tests with bad RDF syntax to check that the SHACL implementation
> handles them appropriately.

I think this comes down to the closed shapes req and we'd need test cases
for that first :)
We can use it for bad SPARQL queries / select variables and maybe the
compact syntax later on

--
Dimitris Kontokostas
Research Group: http://aksw.org