Re: Organizing the requirements

> I thought that there was this agreement to start from a
> technology-neutral beginning.  Trying to determine the role of SPARQL
> before doing use case and requirements analysis does not seem to fit
> into this agreement.
>
> This would be true even if there were universal agreement that SPARQL
> had the right expressive power.

I fully agree but did not say that we should decide on any technology
before doing use cases. I only stated that this decision can hopefully
be done early in the process - once the use cases are collected and
analyzed. Without any grounding, future decisions become very hard to
make. For example the group could decide to first develop a completely
new language, but this would have flow-on effects to the design of the
higher-level language for average end users and overall lead to a delay
in the deliverables. If there was an agreement that SPARQL's
expressivity is a good match for the catalog of requirements, then we
can work on the delta that makes SPARQL as useable as possible for our
scenarios.