Re: Role of SPARQL

One option for extending the constraint power of an OWL solution would be to
add some features from SWRL.  This could either be SWRL itself or expressions
that use SWRL functions.

I wasn't advocating the use of Z, just pointing out that it could be an option.

Basing a solution on the RDF semantics would require work similar to a
solution based on the OWL semantics.

A solution using an algebra on RDF graphs and datasets might look very much
like SPARQL.  Perhaps there is something wrong with the SPARQL algebra that
needs to be fixed so a parallel solution has to be developed.

My email wasn't advocating any particular position, just pointing out that
there are potential alternatives to SPARQL.

peter