Re: Shapes, Individuals, and Classes - OSLC Motivations

On 11/19/2014 9:12, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
> * Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com> [2014-11-06 09:42+1000]
>> Hi Arthur,
>>
>> I am looking forward to seeing this worked out as a specific
>> example. Currently I don't see why named graphs would not cover your
>> use cases.
> I suspect that by "named graphs" you mean using named graphs as a way
> to perform course-grained instantiation and revocation. In Arthur's
> example, this would mean when dealing with project A, load a named
> graph that provides some constraints for an object. When dealing with
> project B, throw away that first named graph and load another with
> constraints for the same object. How does one deal with both at the
> same time?

To deal with both contexts, just keep the named graphs separate at
execution time. In Arthurs example, project A calls the CreationFactory
servlet with one context, while project B calls it with another context.
The CreationFactory assembles the graph that it needs *for this
transaction* while the other transaction uses a different configuration
of graphs by creating different union graphs and import closures. Why
should they merge both graphs together? Transaction A would not even
know anything about Transaction B. These are controlled environments,
not "The (global) Semantic Web".

Holger