Re: SPARQL equivalence semantics

I think the standard produced by this group should only rely on what the
majority of SPARQL stores readily support as their default setting. The
SPARQL language designers had good reasons for implementing the
language's execution rules. Requiring any sort of inferencing and
entailment regimes to me is a non-starter, and would only produce yet
another ivory tower language that nobody will use. The equivalence of 01
and 1 seems like a case of very little practical relevance.

As a bigger picture, I'd rather look at how we can make this standard
attractive to people like the schema.org crowd, instead of getting lost
in theoretical discussions about corner cases.

Holger