Re: Use Cases wiki pages

Arnaud,

Correction and expansion of what I said:

> I don't know whether what you started should be folded into that, Ralph suggested at the meeting that we could not develop use cases if we have stories.

Stories should proceed Use Cases. A Use Case is one way to write a requirement but not the only one. Requirements of the MUST, SHALL, COULD, MAY kind are what I prefer for this kind of work. A use case is a “case of use of a system” and is a software development work-product, or it is another term for user scenario.  But if we really just intend a use case to be a user scenario then they are kind of like stories, but not as powerful as stories can be. We still need the "drama” aspect to reveal the pain points, challenges and happy or not outcomes. I would prefer therefore to have stories and requirements such as:

REQ-123: The specification language of SHAPES MUST enable constraints to be addressable
RATIONALE: A number of justifications can be stated: (a) to report why a constraint violation has failed, a reference to a constraint needs to be given; (b) …
EXAMPLE:
RELATES TO: <another requirement>
WAS INFLUENCED BY: <some story>
GIVES RISE TO: <another requirement>