  • From: Dave Beckett <dave@dajobe.org>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 19:04:26 +0000
  • Subject: Turtle - Terse RDF Triple Language doc 2007-11-20 update
  • To: semantic-web@w3.org
Last week I made another update to Turtle, this time
a major document reorganisation.  There's a new syntax intro
section 2 and I tidied the grammar to remove commentary and
the required use of whitespace in most cases.  Other sections
have been removed or merged.

One thing I was thinking about, comparing with SPARQL
is the difference in quoting for literals.  SPARQL allows
'foo' and '''foo''' as well as "foo" and """foo"" but
Turtle only uses double quotes.  I need more information
on whether to add this, does this causes N3/cwm problems?

The other SPARQL issue to consider is the allowed
characters in prefixed names.  SPARQL has slightly
different rules that allow numbers and '.'s in different
places.

See
  Turtle - Terse RDF Triple Language 20 November 2007
  http://www.dajobe.org/2004/01/turtle/

All changes:
  http://www.dajobe.org/2004/01/turtle/#sec-changelog

Dave