RE: CEDDL

Thanks everyone for your comments. We currently have a DDL and a tag management system, but we evaluating what are the best steps in thinking toward the future. Ideally, our DDL covers the majority of turnkey partner pixel implementations and we won’t have to continually support ad-hoc development. In your opinion, do you feel that the elements within the CEDDL achieves this coverage?

Thank you,

Charlene

From: Mohamed Hedi Lassoued [mailto:mhlassoued@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2014 7:30 PM
To: Joel Stachowicz
Cc: David Henderson; Charlene Bunting; public-custexpdata@w3.org
Subject: Re: CEDDL

Thank you for describing the present situation Joel.

I think that TMS should grow up again by starting thinking out of our Digital Analytics boxe. This means, from a consumer (a reader) to an actor (clean, define, and modify the client website elements).

The TMS have to get out from the vendors interfaces and websites (Adobe, GA ...), they have to shows up as a transparent layer inside the client website.
By a little click of a button we can switch the website from a tracking mode to an edit mode.

Just an example: In an Edit mode, by clicking at any element in the page we can Attribute an ID, and flags, define an event, an eVar, a Prop (Dimensions and Events) in the page elements, creating specific rules to generate page names from the URLs. All of this could be done by just attaching a TMS js file.

Thanks Adobe and Google for making our present amazing, but let's think about the Future too.

Yes, some information's comes from the Server side, and would not be available from the client side.
But also yes, the machine has to flow the human...

MHL