Re: [DDI RDF Vocabulary] RE: CSVW and fixed record length, multiple record length

Both files are of data aggregated to geographic units. The units, and thus
the identifiers are combinations of the geographic identification string
contents, vary by the type of geographic unit. Each case has a Summary
level which defines the geographic unit type (State, County, Place, etc.)
The documentation provides information on the geographic hierarchies which
dictate which geographic fields are needed to uniquely identify a case. For
example, Counties are unique within States so that it is the State Code
plus the County Code that is uses to locate a record in that summary level.
The 1990 data have record identifiers and part numbers which can be used to
identify unique records, then use the SUMLEV and appropriate geographic
codes to determine the area.

Wendy