Re: Planning for post-WG life: what do we do with CSVW Github esp issue tracker?

> On 8 Jan 2016, at 16:37, Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com> wrote:
>

> Ivan,
>
> Are there any conventions for life-after-WG regarding Github presence, e.g. issue trackers or test case repositories? I am wondering what we can do for issue tracking in the new Community Group(*). Should it have its own Github repo (maybe with a fork of the final state of the WG at closure) so that its issues can be kept separate? That way any issues branches made informally within the CG could eventually give rise to pull requests (in 2-3 years time or whatever) should a full WG ever be reactivated. Just thinking out loud, and glad to hear of any useful precedents we can follow…

There are no real conventions, so we are inventing things as we go…

My initial reaction is that we should keep the github repo for the CG separate. There may be many discussions on the CG that end up in issues that are not necessarily WG specific. Also, a possible future reincarnation of the WG would have to pick up the WG's repo, including the errata; it may make their life more difficult to separate the CG specific and WG specific problems, issues, documents, etc.

My 2 cents...

Ivan

> Dan
>

> * http://www.w3.org/community/csvw/ <http://www.w3.org/community/csvw/>