Re: Proposal for an errata management

> On 23 Nov 2015, at 14:31, Yakov Shafranovich <yakov@noom.com> wrote:
>
> How do other groups in the W3C handle errata?
>
> I know that on the IETF side, the RFC Editor has errata tools in their
> system used for publishing RFCs and the errata get automatically
> displayed along side the RFCs. Example here:
>
> https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=2616

This looks handy… but we do not have anything like that. Each working group sets up an errata page the way they want. For a long time, it was simply a web page maintained by the staff contact (with errors coming in by email), then there was the Wiki age, when a public wiki page was set up that people could use, but we are now in the github age, so a bit of an unchartered territory (there aren't that many groups that pushed all its work onto github like we did).

Ivan