Re: Data Package RFCs coming up ...

Hi Rufus,

On 2 July 2015 at 13:02, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock@okfn.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I wanted to flag that the Data Package suite of "proposals" which includes:
>
> - Data Package - http://dataprotocols.org/data-package/
> - JSON Table Schema - http://dataprotocols.org/json-table-schema/
> - Tabular Data Package - http://dataprotocols.org/tabular-data-package/
>
> Are being readied for submission as IETF RFC's.
>
> Folks on this list are no doubt very familiar with these as they formed a
> basis for the initial CSV spec here (especially tabular data package).
>
> We have long planned to do this and have been waiting for the specs to
> mature - especially actual implementations to exist - to submit as proper
> RFCs and over the last year or so we've felt we're nearing that point and so
> this should happen very soon.
>
> I wanted to flag now especially if there were any specific alignment that
> could be done that would be great to do now - i know I have flagged some
> issues on the dataprotocols tracker over the last year on this.

Thanks for letting us know. It is rather likely that many on this WG
are not tracking your tracker. As an author on both sets of specs,
you're ideally positioned to give us an overview of how the two
approaches diverge. Can you perhaps outline the key differences
between the Data Package proposals and W3C CSVW specs?

cheers,

Dan