Re: Updates to use case #21: biodiversity

Thanks Jeremy,

Looks good, although I’d suggest tightening the wording from:
  In the case of sparsely populated data, this property-value pair can be applied as a default where that property is absent from the data.
  In the case of sparsely populated data, this property-value pair [must] be applied as a default [only] where that property is absent from the data.

Without enforcing this the intent of the annotator might get lost along the way.

Seem sensible?

Cheers,
Tim

On 26 May 2014, at 16:05, Tandy, Jeremy <jeremy.tandy@metoffice.gov.uk> wrote:

> Hi Tim – I’ve amended the use case to include the idea of adding default property value pairs to sparse data. Rather than add a new requirement, I merged it into the http://w3c.github.io/csvw/use-cases-and-requirements/#R-SpecificationOfPropertyValuePairForEachRow requirement.
>
> Regarding the ability to declare NULL fields, we already have requirement http://w3c.github.io/csvw/use-cases-and-requirements/#R-MissingValueDefinition to cover this. I’ve not included it in the biodiversity use case because there’s nothing to actually hang it on there J
>
> The same applies regarding the ability to document multiple files, and their relationships.
>
> Hope that’s OK.
>
> Jeremy

Tim Robertson - GBIF Head of Informatics - trobertson@gbif.org
Global Biodiversity Information Facility http://www.gbif.org/
GBIF Secretariat, Universitetsparken 15, DK-2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Tel: +45 3532 1487  Mob: +45 2826 1487  Fax: +45 2875 1480