Re: Request for comments about requirements

On 21/05/14 10:21, Ivan Herman wrote:
>> R-TableNormalization
>>> Ability to normalize data that is not in normal form and possibly
>>> vice-versa.
>
> This is a common comment to both requirements.
>
> At the moment, the parsing section of the document is non normative.
> What we define, and base our work on, is the abstract tabular data
> model. What this means is that, strictly speaking, we do_not_  define
> a normative parsing of CSV, ie, we do not define normatively anything
> that would address these two. Ie, these are not 'Accepted', nor are
> they, I believe, 'Deferred' but, rather, 'Out of Scope'

Also:

"normal form" is a technical database term that carries a very specific
and important meaning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Database_normalization#Normal_forms

We're not requiring extract of 3NF data (I hope)

Is this requirement "producing canonical forms for values"?

	Andy