Re: A draft outline for the CSV2RDF document

On 20/05/14 05:52, Ivan Herman wrote:
> But also... If my application needs (forgive me:-) RDF/XML, but the
> author of the metadata has put in the row-level template using
> JSON-LD as a base syntax, then I need a JSON-LD parser to make any
> sense of it, right? In other words, the field-level template approach
> is RDF syntax independent. That seems to be another major difference,
> too...

We're defining the correct output of a conversion process when the input
is the metadata (without any user templates).  We aren't
requiring the processor does exactly and only those steps.  It outputs
whatever format(s) it supports.

Adding user templates is 'advanced' and if we want to allow control of
the shape of the RDF emitted (c.f. Jeremy's example) we do need to have
a language for describing shape. However, that's not the required
mechanism for implementation of metadata\templates to RDF.

	Andy