Re: A draft outline for the CSV2RDF document

Let me try to see if I understand what you mean...

If there is no metadata assigned to the data then (at least conceptually) we say that we generate a metadata of, roughly, the form:

{
   "@id" : "URI OF THE DATA",
   "columns" : [{
     "name" : "col1",
     "template" : "{col1},
   },{
     "name" : "col2",
     "template" : "{col2},
   }]
}

And, by doing that, we have only one generation algorithm instead of two branches like in my document now.

Yes, this works, I guess. It certainly makes the specification simpler and avoids getting out of sync. I am slightly worried that the end-user would be a bit screwed up, but that may have to go into a separate, tutorial-like text. So it may be worth doing it indeed...

(Would need a rewrite of the text I produced, but that is probably relatively easy; just that I would not do it today or tomorrow...)

Ivan

On 19 May 2014, at 16:14 , Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org> wrote:

>> I would need an example to understand what you mean...
>>

> If the columns are "foo" and "bar" and no template is in the metadata then we define the process to be to create and use:
>
> -------------------------
> [
>   :foo "{foo}" .
>   :bar "{bar}" .