From: Jeni Tennison [mailto:jeni@jenitennison.com]
Sent: 07 May 2014 16:32
To: Tim Robertson [GBIF]
Cc: public-csv-wg@w3.org; rufus.pollock@okfn.org
Subject: Re: Metadata document v0.0.1

Hi Tim,

IIRC, we don’t have, in our use cases document, use cases for a couple of these requirements. It would be great if you could put some together. Specifically examples where it’s useful to have:

  * default values for a column
  * fixed-value fields applicable to all rows

(This is just so that we have it all justified, and are able to cull the use cases document for examples; I’m not at all questioning whether these are real requirements.)

We do have a requirement to support missing values: R-MissingValueDefinition [1], so we will get around to making sure that’s included in the metadata definition :)

What format are you converting your CSVs to?

Thanks,

Jeni

[1] http://w3c.github.io/csvw/use-cases-and-requirements/#R-MissingValueDefinition