Re: CSV2RDF redraft

On 26/03/14 17:47, Jeni Tennison wrote:
> Yes, it’s (unfortunately) common for CSV files to be published without headers. And in some cases the best thing, because it helps people aggregate them together. See (from our use cases document):
>
>    http://w3c.github.io/csvw/use-cases-and-requirements/uganda_000000000005_monthly_stage2
>    http://publicdata.landregistry.gov.uk/market-trend-data/price-paid-data/b/pp-monthly-update.txt
>
> That second one is even from your use case!

Yes but! there are annotations albeit in descriptive text currently.

http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/market-trend-data/public-data/price-paid-faq#m18

> Not that it’s something that we should encourage publishers to do, but something the conversions need to deal with.
>
> The decision to not include headers in the core data model was made in:
>
>    http://www.w3.org/2014/02/26-csvw-minutes.html

----
<AxelPolleres> for "headerless" csvs we could always define default
properties, :column1 ,... , :columnn , right?

<EricStephan> That sounds good

jeni: columns only have numbers, and row 1 titles are simple annotations
----

headerless and annotationless can be incorporated (CSV2RDf or CSV-LD).

Or is that a roadblock for you?

 Andy