Re: Call for Editors!

Andy,

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 5:51 AM, Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org> wrote:

> PS Were there particular parts of R2RML that took particularly long /
> cause most debate?

One thing that quickly comes to mind were the issues of tables without PKs;
use of Blank Nodes; what happens if there are NULL values; and the
integration of the Direct Mapping with R2RML.  See this:
http://www.w3.org/TR/r2rml/#default-mappings

I've started to study R2RML, from a formal point of view. R2RML is rather
expressive (I'm using this term loosely). If we map the expressivity of
R2RML to (datalog) rules, there is a total of 57 distinct rules, which
means that there are 57 different ways of generating RDF triples. The
Direct Mapping can be represented in only 3 (datalog) rules.
More info: http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1035/iswc2013_poster_4.pdf