Re: JSON mapping document is now ready for review

Hello!

I have been processing CSV files recently and I decided to store them in an
extended DOM structure with arrays, maps and entries nodes (as XPath 3.1 will
support them).

This work of mine sounds to me similar with JSON mapping and please let me
describe what I added for performance purposes:

Adding a way to specify a column as a unique key (I use the media type for
parameters such as header or separator too) allows to map the CSV data into a
JSON object where key values are distinct properties :

key,a,b
1,alpha,beta
2,alpha2,beta2

becomes

{
  key:
    {
       "1": {a: "alpha", b: "beta"},
       "2": {a: "alpha2", b: "beta2"}
    }
}

This is a very efficient way to access data within a Javascript program. I
successfully processed within a browser more than 30000 rows against filtering
maps in few seconds.

What do you think?

Kind regards,

Alain Couthures