Re: Request for comments - Requirements analysis

Hi all,

This is my first post to the list, so please help guide me if I am off topic.

I’ve added a column “Tim’s comments” to the spreadsheet (attached) posing some questions for consideration.

Additionally with respect to the annotations requirements, I wonder if these are considered adequately covered / out of scope / too specific:
- Is there a need to declare the NULL value (e.g. \N for mysql dumps)
- Is there a need to consider declaring the encoding explicitly to enable clients to stream CSVs without reading file headers?
- Related: Is there a need to declare the compression format as a specific annotation?
- Is there a need to consider split files (particularly those that are compressed as individual parts using e.g. snappy compression)?  This is of particular importance for processing performance (e.g. utilising multiple cores)

Many thanks,
Tim

[1] http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/terms/guides/text/index.htm
[2] http://www.gbif.org/occurrence