Re: Spec review request: CSV on the Web

Hi,

Re standardising lowercase ‘utf-8’ - this is the name given to UTF-8 in the encoding spec at [1][2].

I’ll make a separate issue re text direction for tables and get back to you.

Cheers,

Jeni

[1] https://encoding.spec.whatwg.org/#names-and-labels
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/encoding/#names-and-labels
--
Jeni Tennison
http://www.jenitennison.com/

An atomic property that sets the > href="http://w3c.github.io/csvw/syntax/#dfn-encoding"
> class="externalDFN">encoding flag to the single provided string
> value, which MUST be a defined in [[!encoding]]. The default is
> "utf-8".

> Unless someone actually standardized on "utf-8" as the casing+spelling
> for the encoding, which would be unfortunate.
>

> Not editorial, but is there a reason that tableDirection supports
> "default" and "textDirection" does not?

tableDirection

An atomic property that MUST have a single string value
> that is one of "rtl", "ltr" or
> "default". Indicates whether the tables in the group
> should be displayed with the first column on the right, on the left,
> or based on the first character in the table that has a specific
> direction. The value of this property becomes the value of the > href="http://w3c.github.io/csvw/syntax/#dfn-table-direction"
> class="externalDFN">direction annotation for all the tables in the
> table group. See > href="http://w3c.github.io/csvw/syntax/#bidirectional-tables">Bidirectional
> Tables in [[!tabular-data-model]] for details. The default
> value for this property is "default".

textDirection