Re: Reviving the CSS Print community group

Hello CSS print community,

1. Showcase what is possible with CSS print with something like a print
> version of CSS Zen Garden.

In my opinion, https://print-css.rocks is a good starting point. Maybe we
should get in touch with Andreas Jung?

3. Facilitate the sharing of knowledge amongst the members of our
> community.

I'm an active member of the AsciiDoc/Asciidoctor community and Zulip was a
game changer for our community:

   - https://zulip.com/for/open-source/
   - https://zulip.com/case-studies/asciidoctor/

Zulip, it’s an open-source communication platform which combines the
immediacy of real-time chat with an email, topic-based threading model,
that provides instant web public archives.

Each conversation happens in a topic (thread). Topics are equivalent to the
subject line of an email. Like in email or a forum, messages about the same
topic are shown together as a flat conversational thread.

Topics belong to a stream which is akin to a mailing list or a project.
It’s a container for topics. Lots of conversations can happen in the same
stream at the same time, each in its own topic.

I'm not affiliated in any way with Zulip but since it helps us a lot I
thought I'd mention it!

I think we need CSS page implementation compatibility table, that will be
> similar to the browser compatibility table in MDN web docs or the "Can I
> use" site, but focus to the CSS Paged Media and related CSS specifications,
> such as Generated Content for Paged Media, Fragmentation, and Page Floats..
> It would encourage implementors to implement more standards and
> participation in spec discussion.

That's a good idea!
As far as I know, https://print-css.rocks/lessons is probably the closest
to the MDN compatibility table. Since the code is open source:
https://github.com/zopyx/print-css-rocks/tree/master/lessons I believe we
can add more fine grained samples.

Cheers,
Guillaume