Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-contain] Is there a use-case for querying explicit container selectors? (#6176)

From: Matthew Bacon via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 07:22:09 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@mirisuzanne  Yes of course, I was concerned about having to define containers around all components in case they wanted to use container queries, but you're right, they'll have to just have a wrapping element to be defined as one which should fix it.

Also on the topic of selector(s), my 2 cents, I think having it optional (specific when defined, or undefined means nearest parent container) would be best. I also like the naming concept (whether enforced or optional vs typical selectors) as it feels in keeping with the concepts in CSS grid areas.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mbacon-edocs
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6176#issuecomment-850207736 using your GitHub account