Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-contain-3] What happens when the queried dimension is not contained by the nearest container? (#6303)

From: Miriam Suzanne via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 16:54:31 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Yeah, that concern makes sense to me - I don't think we should go down that path. If we allow queries to search for proper containment, then the individual queries act as an implicit way of selecting their own containers. That could get pretty complicated, and hard to debug.

In which case, it's may be even more important that you are [able to name containers, and query them explicitly](https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6176).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mirisuzanne
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6303#issuecomment-848047189 using your GitHub account