Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-transitions] Transition to height (or width) "auto" (#626)

From: jstsch via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 11:09:50 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Perhaps I'm missing the obvious, but do we really need to solve general case for `calc(auto)`, if the goal is to just enable transitions from some value to `auto`? Can't simply the computed pixel value be used in the animation engine? I understand that enabling `calc(auto)` is an elegant solution, but it seems also full of tricky edge cases. Right now it's super confusing that `height: 0` → `height: auto` does not animate.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jstsch
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/626#issuecomment-841802365 using your GitHub account