Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-multicol] Definition of adjacent spanners, when to create column boxes (#6265)

From: Ting-Yu Lin via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 18:16:08 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Should (contained) OOFs trigger creation of column boxes? I suppose that answer would determine whether a spanner before and after should have their margins collapsed.

I agree the problem reduces to the above statement. Firefox currently always triggers the creation of column boxes to contain non-column-span elements, whether they are absolutely positioned or not. So in the original example, the margin of #s1 and #s2 *not* collapsing is just a consequence that there's a column box in between them.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by aethanyc
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6265#issuecomment-838941062 using your GitHub account