Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-sizing-4] Clarify spec about when elements are allowed to not have a last remembered size (#6220)

From: Chris Harrelson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 01:04:51 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> No strong opinion, but maybe I would even expect to remove the last remembered size during the first layout after removing `auto`, even if there hasn't been any `ResizeObserver` opportunity.

The problem with this definition is that it's not clear how to define it. e.g. what if some other element's `offsetLeft` was queried - does that require layout on `element` or not?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by chrishtr
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6220#issuecomment-837582201 using your GitHub account