Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-contain] :root/body viewport propagation and containment (#5913)

From: Rune Lillesveen via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 13:21:39 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Just a couple of clarifying questions/statements:

* Containment on the html root element stops propagation from body, containment on body should be irrelevant.
* By containment, do we mean _any_ containment?
* And by containment, we mean _used_ (applied?) containment, since some properties implies containment without affecting the computed value, like content-visibility?
* Also that would make this resolution compatible with introducing a separate syntax for defining what becomes a container for container queries, since that would typically also make the containment used/applied but not affect computed value for contain.
* Should the edits go into the relevant specs for body propagation like writing-modes, overflow, and backgrounds, or should this be a common section for body propagation in css-contain?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by lilles
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5913#issuecomment-836692271 using your GitHub account