[csswg-drafts] [css-color-5] Questions about color-adjust() (#6140)

From: weinig via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 15:40:46 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
weinig has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-color-5] Questions about color-adjust() ==
I have a few questions about the current CSS Color 5 color-adjust() function (https://drafts.csswg.org/css-color-5/#coloradjust), and thought perhaps throwing them in one issue would make sense. (if you would prefer I break these up, I'd be happy to).

1. What should the behavior be when no percentage is provided? In the current grammar, we have `<percentage>?`, which means the percentage can be elided. I am not sure this is useful, so perhaps we should just make it required.

2. What is the use of allowing the `<color-adjuster>` itself to optional. Seems like it should be required.

3. How does the hue modifier (e.g. `shorter`, `longer`, etc.),  change the behavior of color adjusting? I had it in my mind that the modifier only had an effect on interpolation between two hues. Perhaps it isn't needed not that the adjusters are not used for color-mix()?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6140 using your GitHub account