Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ruby] Style of intra-annotation white spaces (#5962)

From: Gérard Talbot via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 19:06:50 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@upsuper , I noticed such issue myself in your own test:

http://wpt.live/css/css-ruby/ruby-intra-level-whitespace-001.html

I created a more revealing test out of it:

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3Ruby/ruby-intra-level-whitespace-001-GT.html

> It won't have a problem in normal case if UA gives the elements a proper default style.

The default font size of rt element in the user agent style sheet is 50%. Anonymous rt elements will inherit their font size from the ruby container which uses a font size of 100%. So, there will be a height difference all the time.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by TalbotG
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5962#issuecomment-888550298 using your GitHub account